Casting Call - May 2019
The Lost Words – Told in Gold
After being awarded funding by Arts Council England, we are looking for new members of our goldfinch family for the next stage of this production.
The new show will be touring nationally in 2019 and 2020, visiting National Trust sites, National Parks and RHS venues.
Looking for Playful Actor/ Performer/ Musicians
Role – Goldfinch
· Strong vocally, physically, with poetry and ensemble playing
· Very desirable is experience / qualification using Makaton/ BSL
· Desirable is a non-western movement or dance tradition – Kathak, Kabuki
· Interested in sung vocal traditions e.g. celtic, tabla, shape note singing
· Interested in hearing from performers with other performance skills - beat-boxing, percussion, tabla, drumming, aerial, silks, instrumental etc.
· Must be happy to work outside, be adaptable and happy to work with a child actor.
· This is an outdoor woodland production so actors should be happy to be outdoors and to play in all weathers!
ITC/ Equity contract + holiday pay. Per Diems / tour allowance / accommodation.
Must have a north west base and will be booked from Manchester.
Three weeks rehearsal in Manchester - End of July and August 2019 for premiere of tour in late August.
Autumn 2019/ Spring 2020
7 weeks confirmed tour – dates and venues available on request. The first leg is the across North of England.
More week long residences in negotiation to be confirmed soon.
Send a CV, photo and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing Date: 10am Monday 10th June 2019